The North American Chapter wishes:
- To synchronize and synergize North American design activities with those of the greater Design Society;
- To promote, publicize, and disseminate design science research/knowledge to industry/design practitioners, researchers, students, funding agencies, administrators of academia, and the general public;
- To build community within North America as well as across continents, countries, disciplines studying design, industry/government/academia, and for the career advancement of DS members;
- To generate, collaborate on, and share resources for design research and education, and facilitate communication and dissemination of those resources in North America; and
- To discuss, explore, and strategically address challenges in design science and more globally.